Stop everything you're doing right now and make these red velvet cheesecake brownies. Or, make them this weekend for your Valentine. Trust me, they do not disappoint!
Nothing says "Happy Valentine's Day" like the most delicious brownies and cheesecake you've ever tasted. These babies are always a big hit and will leave your valentine thinking you're a master in the kitchen. But don't worry....I won't tell them that these yummy treats are actually really easy to make!
For the Brownies:
1/2 cup butter
2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
For the Cheesecake Mixture:
8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Line an 8- or 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease (don't skip this part!).
2. In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir with a fork until very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Add in the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Batter should be red. Add flour and salt into the bowl and stir until everything is just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
4. Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
6. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
7. Cool in the pan completely before slicing and serving, either at room temperature or chilled. Brownies can be refrigerated, covered, for several days.
These didn't last long in my house.....so so so good.