A few weeks ago I made these stuffed bell peppers and they were amazing! The husband and I couldn't get enough. Plus, they were super easy to make and are healthy. And despite my crummy iphone photo, they look quite impressive too! So, I thought I'd share the recipe with all of you.
Here's what you'll need:
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used skim)
- Cut off the top of the peppers, clean out the seeds and wash them really well.
- Cook peppers in boiling salt water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Cook the turkey and onion until onion is tender. Drain off any fat.
- Stir in salt, garlic salt, cooked rice, and 1 1/2 cups of the tomato sauce. Heat through.
- Stuff each pepper with the meat mixture.
- Stand peppers upright in a baking dish.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over the peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered, then uncover and top peppers with shredded mozzarella and bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes
- Enjoy! I served ours with yummy cornbread.