I wish I was the kind of girl who cooks beautiful healthy meals for her husband every night, always has a spotlessly clean house, makes it to the gym 5 days a week, always looks put together, is up to date on important world events, and always knows the right thing to say at the right moment.
Instead I'm the girl that:
- Feeds her husband grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for dinner way too many times to count.
- Considers it a good week if I make it to the gym 3 times.
- Picks a fight with my husband about putting dirty laundry away...right before he leaves for work.
- Lets my anger over said laundry build up so that when it finally spills out of me I make a bigger deal out of it than I need to. And then I cry.
- Lets the dog pee on the snow covered deck because she's too lazy to actually take him outside herself.
- Wears mis-matched pajamas to bed.
- Eats ice cream way more often than she should.
- Gets the news from people.com.
I beat myself up constantly. But I'm not perfect. This is real life.
So sometimes you have to cut yourself a break. Tonight I'm going to indulge in this.
Because really it makes life a lot better.