Welcome to "Love it...Keep it" where I chat about something I'm currently lovin' on.
Oh my word. Cake balls are awesome. I made some for the first time this week for a co-worker's birthday party. Amazing. And everyone loved them!
Here is how you make 'em:
1. Make a cake. I used a red velvet boxed cake mix.
2. After the cake has baked, crumble it up into a large bowl.
3. Add a can of frosting (I used cream cheese frosting....so good) to the cake crumbles. Mix until the cake absorbs the frosting.
4. Stop yourself from eating the entire bowl.
5. Put the bowl in the refrigerator for at least an hour. (Otherwise, when you go to form the cake balls it will be too gooey).
6. Roll a spoonful of the mixture in your hand to make round balls.
7. Put them in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
8. Melt chocolate, almond bark, or baking chips (I used white baking chips) in the microwave.
9. Dunk the cake balls in the melted mixture and place on wax paper to dry.
10. Try not to eat them all!
What are you lovin' and keepin' this week?